Extension cord to blame for Salisbury house fire, officials say

1280 Sby Fire 1123

SALISBURY, Md. – Maryland fire officials say a house fire that broke out Monday afternoon in Salisbury was caused by an extension cord failure.

The blaze was reported just before 3:30 p.m., at 1201 Tuscola Avenue. Firefighters responded to the scene and were able to control the fire in roughly 30 minutes.

State fire investigators were called to investigate the fire, determining that it began in a first floor bathroom and was caused by the failure of an extension cord used to energize a portable heater.

Total damage has been estimated at $55,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland