Delaware health leaders announce community COVID-19 testing sites
DELAWARE — In an attempt to stop the spread of COVID-19 throughout the state of Delaware, health leaders are urging residents to get tested.
On Friday, Governor John Carney, the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH), and the Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) announced community and pop-up testing locations, which will be available for any resident in the state. Gov. Carney says these testing sites will help track and monitor the virus and potential outbreaks, as it spreads throughout the state.
Below is a full list of testing locations and times in Kent and Sussex Counties:
Kent County Pop-Up Testing Locations
- Monday, November 23 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Delaware Tech Terry Campus (100 Campus Drive, Dover, DE 19904)
- Tuesday, November 24 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Grace Presbyterian Church (350 McKee Road, Dover, DE 19904)
- Wednesday, November 25 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Harrington Fire Department (20 Clark St, Harrington, DE 19952)
- Saturday, November 28 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Smyrna Police Department (325 W Glenwood Ave, Smyrna, DE 19977)
Sussex County Pop-Up Testing Locations
- **Monday, November 23 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Epworth UM Church (19285 Holland Glade Rd, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971)
- Monday, November 23 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Delaware Tech Owens Campus (21179 College Dr, Georgetown, DE 19947)
- Tuesday, November 24 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.: Milford High School (1019 N Walnut St, Milford, DE 19963)
- Wednesday, November 25 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Laurel Elementary School (815 South, N Central Ave, Laurel, DE 19956)
- Saturday, November 28 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Lewes Fire Department (32198 Janice Rd, Lewes, DE 19958)
Gov. Carney is also urging Delawareans to continue wearing masks, social distance and to consider celebrating the holidays a little differently this year. He says these precautions will help limit the spread of COVID-19.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to get tested you can logon to de.gov/gettested.