HURLOCK, Md. - A shooting remains under investigation, after deputies say a man was seriously injured, in Dorchester County.
The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office says on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 6300 block of Jones Village Road for a reported shooting, in Hurlock. Once on scene, deputies say they found 20-year-old Ronald Jones suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. According tot he report, Jones was treated by Dorchester County E.M.S. and later flown to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for treatment. He is currently in serious condition but stable.
Law enforcement report that they learned from the victim and witnesses that Jones and some other men were in the process of passing a handgun around when it went off. Jones was reportedly holding the weapon at the time of the discharge.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury