OCEAN PINES, Md. - Authorities say they have identified the body of a woman who was found in a pond, at a Ocean Pines park.
The Worcester County Sheriff's Office says that the body found in Banbridge Park, on Friday, was identified as 77-year-old Jacqueline Richards, of West Ocean City.
According the report, on Thursday, around 11:18 AM, deputies responded to a home, in West Ocean City, for a report of a missing woman. Authorities say that they were told that Richards was missing, and they began a search throughout northern Worcester County. Investigators from Worcester Bureau of Investigation report that, just before 6:30 PM, they learned that a body was found in a pond, in Ocean Pines.
Officials say that once the body was removed from the water, they confirmed that the body was Richards. According to investigators, there were no signs of trauma or foul play.
The Worcester County Sheriff's Office says that the body was transported to the Office of the Chief medical Examiner for autopsy. This investigation is ongoing.
- Beebe Healthcare expands a south campus to Millville
- Delaware hospitals offer cancer care coordinators
- Pathways To Success discuss plans for media partnership
- Ocean City considering Coca Cola logo on water tower
- Blades water safe to drink again
- Ocean City council passes resolution opposing offshore drilling