DOVER, Del. - The Department of Corrections is looking for an inmate who they say did not return from an approved meal pass, in Dover.
The Delaware DOC says 36-year-old Roman Byler Jr., an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center (MCCC) in Dover, did not return to the facility from an approved meal pass, on Saturday.
Authorities report that they have issued a warrant for escape after conviction, since Byler's whereabouts are currently unknown and unauthorized at this time.
According to law enforcement, Byler is described as standing 5'11" tall, weighing 210 lbs., with brown hair and blue eyes. His last known address is in Dover, DE. Byler is currently serving time for violation of probation-rape fourth degree.
MCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Byler is asked to call the Department of Corrections at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues