DOVER, Del. - Police say that they are investigating a death after skeletal human remains were found in a wooded area near Dover on Thursday evening.
Investigators say that at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, human remains were discovered as a person walked through the wooded area of Dover east of Leipsic Road near Marley Lane.
The person reportedly told troopers about the discovery, and detectives responded to the wooded area and confirmed them to be human remains.
The Delaware Division of Forensic Science was made aware and is currently helping with the investigation.
The identity of the person is currently unknown, and police say that the investigation in the death of the person is in its early stages as troopers continue to collect and review evidence at the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call Delaware State Police at 302-698-8426. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword "D.S.P."
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues
- Police: Fake money circulating in Salisbury
- Blades getting closer to drinkable water
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man