LEWES, Del. - Police say that a dead body found was found in a wooded area, in Lewes, on Sunday morning.
According to the Lewes Police Department, last Friday, officers began a missing person investigation to try and find a 55-year-old Lewes man who had walked away from his home at 7:00 AM and did not come back.
On Sunday, officers started a series of searches in the wooded areas near the intersection of New Road and Park Drive. At 9:10 AM, a similarly described Caucasian man was found dead in the wooded area just south of the Lewes Dog Park.
The Division of Forensic Science (Medical Examiner's Office) investigators responded to the scene and took the body. Currently, the official cause of death is pending an autopsy. Foul play is not suspected.
The name of the victim is being withheld until his family is notified.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.