Ellendale man facing multiple charges after suspicious person investigation
ELLENDALE, Del. – An Ellendale man is behind bars after being arrested in a suspicious person investigation Friday morning.
Around 9:30 a.m. on December 9th, Delaware State Police troopers responded to a home on the 14,000 block of Beach Highway for reports on a suspicious person. When troopers arrived, they saw 37-year-old Leon Leager standing next to a vehicle with the driver’s door open. As troopers approached Leager, they say they noticed a handgun on the ground close to where he was standing.
Leager was arrested without incident. A search revealed that Leager was in possession of a concealed empty handgun holster, three knives, ammunition, and other firearm accessories. Police say he was also in possession of about 18.61 grams of suspected methamphetamine, and drug paraphernalia. Further investigation revealed that Leager was in possession of stolen scrap metal, police say.
Leager is facing the following charges:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)- 3 counts
- Manufacture/Deliver/PWID Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)- 2 counts
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited (Felony)- 3 counts
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)- 2 counts
- Theft Under $1500
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Criminal Trespass Third Degree
Leager was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court #3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $92,701 secured bond.