Houston woman arrested on assault charges

Ashley Remington,24, of Houston, Del.

Authorities in Milford say they arrested and charged a Houston woman on Monday, after a domestic incident earlier in the month.

Milford Police say they arrested 24-year-old, Ashley Remington, stemming from an incident that happened on Marshall Street, on Saturday, February 6. 

Investigation at the scene reportedly revealed that Remington showed up at a man’s Marshall Street home, after being told, their relationship was over. She allegedly then climbed onto the roof of the house, but was eventually seen by the victim. 

According to the report, Remington was then asked to get off of the roof, and speak to the man inside the home. Once inside, Remington reportedly became irate, and refused to leave, before she apparently started hitting the victim in the face and head.

Once authorities arrived, an officer made contact with Remington, and the 43-year-old male victim.

Police say Remington, who was reportedly intoxicated, refused to obey the officer’s commands. She then proceeded to curse at the officer, and destroy the victim’s belongings inside the house. 

Authorities say, as the officer tried to take Remington into custody, she struck the officer in the torso. Remington apparently continued to physically resist being taken into custody by the officer.

According to law enforcement, during the struggle the officer injured their hand, and even after another officer arrived Remington continued to physically resist briefly, before finally being taken into custody. 

Remington was charged with assault second degree injure law enforcement officer, felony resisting arrest with force, assault third degree, criminal trespass first degree and criminal mischief under $1,500. 

Authorities say Remington was transported back to the Milford Police Department, and placed in the holding cell, where she reportedly became even more irate, ramming her head into the wall inside the holding cell. She then attempted to do it a few more times, as officer held Remington keeping her from doing so.

Medical personnel responded, and took Remington to a nearby medical facility for treatment and evaluation. Records say, Remington was arraigned and released, after posting $7,500 secured bond.

Categories: Crime, Delaware, Local News