UPDATE: Salisbury house fire ruled accidental

Space heater failure is being blamed for a fire that damaged a Salisbury home.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire started around 5:50 PM on Wednesday, on the second floor of the Tilghman Street home. After the occupant discovered the blaze, 32 firefighters from all three Salisbury Fire Department stations responded, and had the flames under control in 25 minutes. No injuries were reported.

Damages have been estimated to total $70,000. Investigators say the fire started with an electrical failure in a space heater, and has been ruled as accidental.

The occupant was reportedly helped by the American Red Cross. Assisting in the investigation were Salisbury Police, and the Salisbury Neighborhood Services Center.

Categories: Local News, Maryland