MILFORD, Del. - Officials from Perdue have confirmed an accident took place Thursday morning at their facility in Milford.
At around 6:30 AM, a female associate at the plant was involved in an accident that caused serious injury to one of her arms, officials said.
First responders arrived on scene and transported the woman to a local hospital.
Though her injury was reported as serious, officials are currently saying this injury did not result in amputation.
This is the second accident at a poultry facility in Delaware reported on Thursday.
This story will be updated as more details are confirmed.
- Poultry worker advocates rally outside Salisbury Perdue facility
- Maryland governor to eulogize his father on Saturday
- Maryland man indicted on racketeering charges in Delaware
- Lake Forest educator awarded as 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference'
- Decomposed whale washes up near Delaware Bay
- Updated UPDATE: State Trooper fatally shot at Bear Wawa; suspect barricaded in Middletown home