LONG NECK, Del. - Delaware State Police are investigating two Monday night robbery incidents near Angola and Long Neck that investigators believe were committed by the same suspect.
At around 9:40 PM, police received a report of an attempted robbery at the Shore Stop on John J. Williams Highway in Angola. A man with his face covered entered the store and reportedly demanded money from a clerk. Police say the clerk refused to open the register and that the suspect fled south on Camp Arrowhead Road.
About 45 minutes later, police received another call on a robbery, this time around five miles south at the Long Neck Dash In on John J. Williams Highway. A man with a handgun reportedly came into the store and demanded cash. The store clerk handed over cash and the suspect fled behind the building, police said.
Police say the suspect in both cases was described as a white male standing between 5'7" and 5'10" tall, wearing a dark sweatshirt and dark pants.
Anyone who has information on these incidents is asked to call Detective K. Archer at 302-752-3791 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.