MILLSBORO, Del. - A Millsboro EMT accused of groping a fellow EMT pleaded on September 26.
According to Delaware Department of Justice officials, Jerry Johnson of Millsboro, pleaded to third degree unlawful sexual contact. The sexual harassment charge against Johnson was dropped and he received one year of probation before judgment.
Investigators said that Johnson and a 25-year-old female EMT were alone at the Mid-Sussex Rescue Squad, on May 2nd, when Johnson asked the woman to take her shirt off. The victim refused and left the room, but Johnson followed her, lifted her shirt and groped her chest. The woman reportedly pushed him away and left.
Police say that the victim also complained about the crime to the president of the rescue squad but she received no response. She then went to Delaware State Police.
Johnson turned himself in the next day where he was charged with sexual harassment and third degree unlawful sexual contact. He was then released on $600 unsecured bond.
- City of Salisbury unveils new youth community center
- Updated Horses rescued as investigation continues to unfold
- Worcester County opens new thrift shop
- Parkside School horticulture program expands
- Made On Delmarva: Aeromarine Laminates Inc.
- UPDATE: Former high school teacher guilty in Del. sex case involving minor