LEWES, Del. - Delaware State Police say a Lewes man has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his foster child.
On Wednesday, troopers received a report of child abuse and responded to the 30000 block of Cindy Way. At the scene, police say the complainant stated that his boyfriend, 30-year-old Jesse A. Allard, had physically abused their 2-year-old foster son.
The complainant reportedly set up hidden cameras in their house to record Allard and the child while he was away. The footage allegedly showed Allard abusing the child.
Troopers arrested Allard and charged him with second degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child. Officials say Allard was released after posting a $3,500 secured bond, but is prohibited from having private contact with anyone under 12 years of age.
Officials say the child was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at Beebe Healthcare and released. Both the 2-year-old boy and a 2-month-old girl in the custody of the couple were removed by the Division of Family Services and placed in the custody of another foster family, police said.
- National Women Build Week, local workshops
- Perdue rolls out new environmental goals for 2022
- Delmarva Star: Calling all local singers
- More road closures expected for the Salisbury Bypass
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars