LEWES, Del. - Delaware State Police say a Lewes man has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his foster child.
On Wednesday, troopers received a report of child abuse and responded to the 30000 block of Cindy Way. At the scene, police say the complainant stated that his boyfriend, 30-year-old Jesse A. Allard, had physically abused their 2-year-old foster son.
The complainant reportedly set up hidden cameras in their house to record Allard and the child while he was away. The footage allegedly showed Allard abusing the child.
Troopers arrested Allard and charged him with second degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child. Officials say Allard was released after posting a $3,500 secured bond, but is prohibited from having private contact with anyone under 12 years of age.
Officials say the child was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at Beebe Healthcare and released. Both the 2-year-old boy and a 2-month-old girl in the custody of the couple were removed by the Division of Family Services and placed in the custody of another foster family, police said.
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged