Road closures announced for services of DFC Glenn Hilliard in Salisbury
SALISBURY, Md. – Several road closures will be in effect on Tuesday, June 21st, for the funeral services of Deputy First Class Glenn Hilliard.
DFC Hilliard will be escorted from the Lewis N. Watson Funeral Home on West Road to Emmanuel Wesleyan Church starting at 8:15 a.m. The procession will travel the following routes, where there will be temporary road closures:
- West Road to W. Naylor Mill Road
- Right onto W. Naylor Mill Road crossing over MD Route 50 Bypass
- Motorcade will pass the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office
- Cross Route 13 onto E. Naylor Mill Road
- Right on Zion Road
- Left on Beaglin Park Drive
- Estimated arrival at Emmanuel Wesleyan Church by 8:45 a.m.
The public viewing will be from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. and the service will begin around 12:30 p.m. The service is expected to last approximately one hour. Attendees are asked to please refrain from attending the ceremony if they are experiencing signs of symptoms of COVID-19.
Beaglin Park Drive between Old Ocean City Road and Route 50 will be closed starting at 4 a.m. Additionally, westbound Route 50 between Route 589 and Friendship Road in Berlin will be closed starting at 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. pending the length of the processional motorcade. There will be electronic sign boards on Old Ocean City Road and Route 50 alerting the general public of the funeral. Troopers, deputies, and police officers will be at various intersections directing traffic into the venue.
At the end of the service, there will be an escort of DFC Hilliard to Sunset Cemetery in Berlin. The motorcade will travel the following route where there will be temporary road closures:
- Left onto Beaglin Park Drive
- Left onto MD Route 50 Business
- Travel eastbound on Route 50 crossing from Wicomico County into Worcester County
- Left onto Seahawk Road
- Right onto Grays Corner Road
- Right into Sunset Cemetery
The interment will be open to the public, but it should be noted that parking will be limited at the ceremony.