Shed catches fire in Berlin, no injuries reported

9614 Mary Road Outside Fire Photo Berlin Vol Fire Co Usage Credit Required

BERLIN, Md. – Fire officials say one person was able to escape a fire Thursday morning in Berlin.

At around 8:45 a.m., firefighters responded to 9614 Mary Road for a reported fire involving a shed and travel trailer. On arrival, firefighters found a 10×10 shed behind the residence completely involved in fire and had extended into a nearby travel trailer, with an occupant still inside. A neighbor reportedly noticed the fire and was able to alert residents and the person sleeping in the travel trailer, and the occupant was able to escape unharmed.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Further investigation revealed that a 55-gallon drum containing household trash was ignited on fire behind the shed before it extended out of the container.

The Worcester County Fire Marshals Office is reminding residents that burn “trash” barrels should be placed well away from structures and should always be attended while burning with a way to extinguish should it get out of control.

Categories: Local News, Maryland