Gov. Hogan signs legislation to legalize sports betting
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Governor Larry Hogan signed numerous legislation into law on Tuesday, including House Bill 940, legalizing sports betting in the State of Maryland.
In addition, Governor Hogan and local officials announced that the Maryland State House will reopen to the public on Friday, May 21st.
Legislation enacted today includes, but is not limited to,
- HB 940: Legislation to legalize sports betting in the state
- HB 12/SB 205: Legislation expanding the ability of restaurants, bars, and taverns to sell and deliver alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption or delivery
- SB 515: Legislation prohibiting a student from entering school property if he or she is a registered sex offender
- HB 605: Legislation to expand mental and behavioral health training for veterans
- HB 636/SB 546, Safe School Drinking Water Act: Legislation to address potentially elevated levels of lead in school drinking water
- SB 338/HB 563: Legislation waiving animal adoption fees for veterans