Fire causes $500,000 in damages to Centreville home

1280 Centreville House Fire

CENTREVILLE, Md. – Maryland fire officials say a house fire that broke out over the weekend was accidental.

The fire broke out at around 3:40 a.m., at a house in the 100 block of McKenny Lane in Centreville. The Goodwill Volunteer Fire Company responded to the blaze, which took roughly one hour to control.

Further investigation revealed that the fire was the result of an electrical event. Fire damage has been estimated at $500,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland