Mardela Springs house fire ruled accidental

1280 Mardela Fire

MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. – Maryland Fire Marshals have ruled a Mardela Springs house fire accidental in nature.

The fire broke out just before 11 p.m. Friday, at 25518 Elzey Brown Loop. The Sharptown Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene and had the fire under control in approximately 20 minutes.

Further investigation revealed that the fire began in the kitchen and was the result of an electrical issue. The occupants were not home at the time of the fire and are currently being assisted by the Red Cross and family members.

Fire damage has been estimated at $90,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland