UPDATE: Salisbury mobile home fire deemed accidental

SALISBURY, Md. – The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says a mobile home fire that broke out Tuesday afternoon in Salisbury was accidental.

According to officials, the blaze was reported at around 12:40 p.m., at 31067 Old Fruitland Road. Fire departments from Fruitland, Salisbury, Allen, Snow Hill, Hebron, Princess Anne, Parsonsburg, Pittsville, and Delmar all responded to the two alarm fire, which took approximately 45 minutes to control.

Investigation has revealed that the fire was a result of an electrical issue and began on the underside of the home. Fire damage was estimated at $30,000.

We have been told that a family of five has been displaced as a result of the fire. No one was home at the time the fire broke out, and the family is currently being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Categories: Local News, Maryland