Morning fire damages Pittsville home

A Pittsville home suffered over $50,000 dollars in damage after a Christmas morning fire.

According to the state fire Marshal's office crews responded to the 7000 block of Pittsville Road just after 10:00 am.

They say the fire started in the living room on accident as a woodstove chimney ignited nearby combustibles. 

It's unsure what the owner was doing at the time – but the fire was reported by someone passing by.  No injuries were reported.

The owner of the home is now being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Categories: Delaware, Local News