Unattended cooking to blame for house fire in Crisfield

A multi-unit building fire in Crisfield, was reportedly caused unattended cooking.

The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal says on Friday night, just after 10:00 PM, a neighbor discovered the fire at the two story multi-unit wood framed home, on Somers Cove.

The Crisfield Fire Department responded to the scene, and the 15 firefighters had the blaze under control in about 15 minutes. No injuries were reported. Damages are estimated to total $25,000.

Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen of the home, and was caused by unattended cooking. It has been ruled as accidental.

The occupant of the residence, which is owned by City of Crisfield, was reportedly displaced after the fire, and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Categories: Local News, Maryland