Poultry house fire ruled accidental in Mardela Springs

Authorities in Wicomico County, are now investigating an accidental electrical fire, in Mardela Springs.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire started just before noon on Tuesday.

Eighteen firefighters from Hebron, Mardela, Sharptown, and Westside worked to extinguish the one alarm blaze. They reportedly had the flames under control in about fifteen minutes.

Investigators say the fire started in the poultry house, and damages are estimated to total $2,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland