Princess Anne fire ruled accidental

A fire in Somerset County has been ruled accidental.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire broke out early Thursday morning at a house on Stewart Neck Road in Princess Anne.

The fire reportedly originated in the home’s laundry room, before being discovered by an occupant of the home. A total of 40 firefighters from six companies responded to the single alarm blaze, taking around three hours to put it out.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled the fire as accident. No injuries were reported.

Categories: Local News, Maryland