Eastern shore delegation holds first meeting of legislative session
As a new legislative session is officially underway in Maryland, the Eastern Shore Delegation held the first of what will be a weekly meeting in Annapolis.
Delegate Carl Anderton says Friday’s meeting was strictly organizational, but several positions were appointed:
– Delegate Charles Otto (R-38 A) will serve as the Delegation Chair and Somerset County Chair
– Delegate Steven Arentz (R-36) will serve as Vice President
– Delegate Sheree Sample-Hughes (D-37 A) will serve as Treasurer
– Delegate Carl Anderton (R-38 B) will serve as Wicomico County Chair
– Delegate Mary Beth Carozza (R-38 C) will serve as the Worcester County Chair
– Delegate Chris Adams (R-37 B) will serve as the Dorchester County Chair
– Delegate Johnny Mautz (R-37 B) will serve as the Talbot County Chair
Delegate Anderton says any local bills will have to go through the county chairs.