WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - The Wicomico County Executive's Office says that they are pleased to announce the expansion of the old Shinn's Paint Building on 345 Snow Hill Road, for the new Elections Board headquarters. The property was originally acquired in July 2016.
Due to the demands for more administrative space and election equipment storage, the Bateman Street building had reportedly become unable to accommodate the Board's needs which is the reason why a search was made to get a more spacious and economical alternative.
The building expansion will be a County-owned asset instead of rented space as with the current arrangement.
Breaking ground on July 13, the renovation is set to take four months, after which the Election Board will relocate.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.