SALISBURY, Md. - A victim has been identified, after police say he remains in critical condition following a shooting that happened on Wednesday evening, in Salisbury.
The Salisbury Police Department says on Wednesday, around 9:00 PM, officers responded to the 700 block of Hemlock Street, for a report of an assault with a firearm. During that time, in the 500 block of Bethel Street, police say they found a man, later identified as 27-year-old John Mansfield, of Salisbury, who sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
Mansfield was then transported to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for treatment where he remains in critical condition.
According to Salisbury PD, further investigation revealed that Mansfield was in the area of 700 block of Hemlock Street, when he was approached by four individuals. Authorities say one of the individuals displayed a firearm and shot a Mansfield, hitting him in the abdomen.
The motive and circumstances around the shooting remains under investigation at this time.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to call the Salisbury Police Department at 410-548-3113 or Crime Solvers at 410-548-1776.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria