WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - Officials say that a former Hurlock police chief has received probation before judgment, in connection with a prostitution sting that happened, in Delmar.
According to online court records, 74-year-old Wendell Travers of Cambridge, pleaded guilty in reference to a prostitution sting, on Friday. He then received six months of unsupervised probation before judgment.
Travers, along with Crisfield Councilman Paul Emely, 52-year-old Horace Wilson of Georgetown, Erica Reviere of Fayetteville, North Carolina and 71-year-old William Jackson of Cambridge, were charged.
Court documents alleged that the amount of money exchanged between the arrested individuals and the undercover MSP trooper ranges from $40 to $220 for sex.
Emely reported faces prostitution solicitation charges on Tuesday.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County