SALISBURY, Md. - Vertical construction has begun at Salisbury University for a parking lot that is quite unique.
We were able to get a preview of this solar canopy that is being built over the parking lot near Conway Hall.
Workers placed two solar system canopy's and they were lifting number three on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
These structures are the size of a basketball court.
This solar panel will be powering half of Holloway Hall and we are told there are multiple beneficial components to this like cheaper electricity and educational needs. SU says students, faculty, and staff will have access to all this solar power information.
The lot will even have five car charging stations. This entire project will be finalized by the end of August.
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County
- Killer returned to prison after release is granted probation in Del.
- UPDATE: Victim of Md. school shooting dies after removal of life support
- UPDATE: Teen suspect arrested in connection to Md. high school bomb threat investigation