ANNAPOLIS, Md. - On Wednesday, elected officials and economic development leaders gathered in Annapolis for Economic Development Day.
The purpose of the event is to boost economic development throughout the state and explore and brainstorm ideas to bring jobs to the area.
47 ABC caught up David Ryan, the Executive Director for the Salisbury-Wicomico Economic Development Corporation who was at the event.
"We've talked about new financing programs for the state of Maryland which are really critical. Right now we are not able to to offer working capital in those finances just capital expenditures. Just lots of bills like that could impact our efforts to recruit companies to our community," says Ryan.
- Local schools like Cape Henlopen High School participate in National School Walk Out
- Millsboro PD providing free gun locks to encourage gun safety
- $15M donation allows University of Va. business students to study abroad
- Dover woman sentenced for injecting her father with heroin in Ocean City
- UPDATE: Dover man identified after body found in Silver Lake
- Del. to test mobile driver's licenses in pilot program