CAMBRIDGE, Md. - In Cambridge, Monday 47 ABC surprised our first "Teacher Who Makes A Difference" for the new school year.
Maple Elementary School music teacher Ray Washington was given the award on behalf of 47 ABC and Accurate Optical and he was nominated by his very own students.
Washington just became a music teacher last year, but he's already leaving a lasting impression on the students and the school.
It’s something he says he didn't expect.
“I never thought it would be this deep, like I never thought I would be changing kids lives who really need it. Like who have a crazy home life and this is all they look forward to, so it caught me off guard. I didn't think it was going to be this deep I thought it was just going to be a bunch of kids and play a little bit of music and do it for a year and move on but now it’s like I might be doing this for a long time,” says Washington.
If you have a teacher you would like to nominate just head to 47 ABC’s contest page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond