SALISBURY, Md. - In Salisbury, a story that is hard to tell, as we have learned of an update on 12-year-old Brooke Mulford, who for the past eight years has been fighting cancer.
Her mom, Amy posted on Facebook Tuesday that Brooke will no longer be receiving chemo treatments.
Their focus now is making her as comfortable as possible.
Amy says doctors notified her last night that the disease spread to Brooke's liver, lower spine, and skull with tumors pressing on her brain.
Brooke will now be receiving platelets daily to prevent pain.
47 ABC has been following her story since 2009 when she was first diagnosed with neuroblastoma. Over the past eight years, we have been witness to her sweetness and her strength and how it continues to galvanize communities here on Delmarva to astounding feats of generosity and goodwill.
Now, Amy is asking everyone to pray for peace for the both of them.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.