EASTON, Md. - Easton Police have confirmed an arrest for a hit and run that occurred earlier this weekend.
Police say that on Saturday morning they reported to the accident off of Dover Road and Route 50 where they saw that a pick up truck was hit by a white Mitsubishi car.
The driver of the white car, 28-year-old David Diaz-Gutierrez, did not stay at the scene of the accident and was later picked up by a Maryland State Trooper at Idelwild Avenue.
While arresting Gutierrez, Easton Police also concluded that he was under the influence.
Police also arrested Epimilio Diaz- Marroquin for driving under the influence . He was identified as Diaz- Gutierrez's uncle who pulled up to the scene to pick up Diaz-Gutierrez.
Both subjects were charged with driving under the influence. Diaz- Gutierrez was also charged with reckless and negligent driving, leaving the scene of an accident and unsafe lane change.
Upon completion of all paper work, both subjects were released.
No one was injured in the accident.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing