SOMERSET COUNTY, Md. - Officials say that a Baltimore man who pleaded guilty in the case of a body found in Somerset County has been sentenced.
According to the Baltimore County Assistant State's Attorney, 24-year-old Kevin Nixon of Baltimore, was sentenced to life suspend all but 30 years to serve and five years of supervised probation upon release pursuant to a guilty plea.
Nixon pleaded guilty to first degree murder last May after he was involved in the death of Damon Jennings that happened two years ago. Nine days after Jennings was stabbed, Nixon helped dispose of the body in Eden.
Nixon was originally tried in Somerset County, but the case was moved to Baltimore because that's where the crime took place.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria