KENT COUNTY, Del. - A Delaware man, accused of killing his wife with a hammer in January 2015 and running off with her children in Indiana, pleaded guilty, on Friday.
According to officials, 35-year-old Cortez Hamilton, pleaded guilty to second degree murder after killing his wife, Keisha, with a hammer in front of their children.
Hamilton reportedly fled with the children afterwards. The children who were four years old and five months old at the time, were later found 24 hours later in Indiana with their father; however, Keisha's body has never been found.
When Hamilton was extradited back to Delaware, he was charged with first degree murder, child endangerment and gun possession. Hamilton, who has had two canceled trial dates, waived his right to a speedy trial.
Hamilton's sentencing is set for March 28 at 9:00 AM. He faces 15 years to life in prison.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond