KENT CO., Del. - Delaware State Police are investigating after a body was found floating in the water near the Port Mahon Fishing Pier.
Just before 5 a.m. Sunday morning, the Kent County Emergency Communication 911 Center received reports of a man floating in the water near the Port Mahon Fishing Pier.
When Fire Chief Michael Scott Bundek arrived on scene, witnesses confirmed that a 30-year-old male was in the water and last scene near the fishing pier.
Police say a Marine Rescue Boat from Little Creek Fire Company began to search around the base of the fishing pier and the Delaware Pipeline and Storage dock. A Marine Rescue Boat from Leipsic Fire Company was to search the shoreline.
Within an hour, a family member walking along the shoreline discovered the man's body.
The body was then pulled from the water and Paramedics from Kent County Emergency Medical Services pronounced the man dead at the scene.
The body has been turned over the Delaware Division of Forensic Science.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.