DELAWARE - Officials say that there has been an uptick of humpback whales stranding off the Atlantic Coast near the Delaware bay.
Four hump back whales reportedly have died within the last ten months and officials are calling it an unusual mortality event.
They say its unclear why a recent decomposed whale washed up off the Delaware Bay but one of the humpback whales that recently died after being found on Bethany beach was killed by blunt force trauma.
Officials say the decomposed whale was 25 by 30 feet long.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues