LEWES, Del. - Delaware State Police say they discovered a dead body in Sussex County yesterday.
Corporal Gary Fournier tells 47 ABC that a man was found in a Lewes retention pond around noon.
The corporal says that The body was removed from the scene, behind the Creekside Professional Center, located on John J. Williams Highway.
A preliminary investigation shows that the man was reported missing on March 19 around 11 p.m. from a local residence.
The Delaware Division of Forensic Science is conducting an autopsy.
Officials have not released the subject's name.
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Officials: Cause identified in Dorchester Co. house fire
- Transit police officer convicted in terrorism case regrets behavior
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals