Wicomico Co. house fire sends one to the hospital

1280 Quantico Fire 256

QUANTICO, Md. – A house fire Saturday afternoon sent one person to the hospital in Wicomico County.

We’re told the fire broke out shortly after 4 p.m., at 25363 Giles Lane in Quantico. Firefighters were able to control the blaze in just under an hour.

Further investigation revealed that the fire was accidental and was the result of combustibles located too close to a propane heater. One adult was taken to TidalHealth for treatment of smoke inhalation and was later released.

Officials also say smoke alarms were provided to the homeowner following a previous fire incident, however, the homeowner did not install the smoke alarms. Two family dogs were rescued, however, a total of 11 other family pets perished in the fire. Total damage has been estimated at $100,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland