Somerset Co. Schools announce schedule change for start of 2022-23 school year
WESTOVER, Md. – After reviewing community survey feedback on a proposed “staggered start” to the school year, Somerset County Public Schools announced on Thursday that it will proceed with the schedule change.
On Monday, August 29th, ONLY the following grades by school will report:
- Deal Island Elementary: Prek4
- Princess Anne Elementary: Prek3, Prek4
- Greenwood Elementary: Grade 2
- Washington Academy & High: Grade 8
- Somerset Intermediate: Grade 6
- Crisfield Academy & High: Grade 8
- Woodson Elementary: Prek3, Prek4
- Comprehensive classroom special education students in all grades & schools
On Tuesday, August 30th, all students will report.
School officials say this schedule change is intended to allow students who are new to their school an opportunity to familiarize themselves with a new environment and routine, with fewer distractions and more one-on-one help from staff. The schedule change will have no effect on a student’s attendance record and will not require the addition of a day to the end of the school year.
As in years past, bus drivers will call families of bus-riding students before school starts. Parents and guardians should attend to any phone calls or messages regarding bus pickup and drop off times, which will take place during the weekend of August 26th through 28th.