Free COVID-19 testing offered weekly across Lower Eastern Shore this winter
MARYLAND – COVID-19 testing is available through Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester County Health Departments at multiple locations.
In addition, at-home test kits are available in each county, through local libraries, although supplies are limited.
Testing dates and locations are as follows:
Worcester County Health (Appointments required, please call 410-632-1100 to register)
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Ocean City Health Department, located at 4 Caroline Street
- Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Pocomoke Elks Lodge, located at 1944 Worcester Highway
Somerset County Health (Appointments not required, please call 443-523-1920 with questions)
- Mondays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Somerset Health Department, located at 8928 Sign Post Road
- Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Somerset Health Department
Wicomico County Health (Appointments preferred, please call 410-341-4600 to register; walk ups welcome)
- Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, located at 500 Glen Avenue
- Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wicomico Youth & Civic Center
At-home test kits are received locally from the State every two weeks and distributed to county libraries. Please call ahead to your nearest branch to check availability if you are looking for a test. If you are experiencing symptoms, do not go inside the library. If kits are available, let staff know you’d like one and they will bring it out to your car.
COVID-19 tests are also available through primary care doctors, walk-in medical clinics, and many pharmacies. You should not visit the Emergency Department if you are seeking a test but have no symptoms.