Search for wanted man leads to six additional arrests in Milford
MILFORD, Del. – A search for a wanted Milford man led to numerous arrests earlier this week.
We’re told that officers from the Milford Police Department, Dover Police, Delaware State Police, and the United States Marshals Service responded to an apartment in the Brightway Commons apartment complex on Monday in an attempt to locate a subject wanted by the Dover Police Department. On arrival, officers located the wanted suspect, identified as 26-year-old Taevon Potts.
The investigation included obtaining a search warrant for the residence, leading to the seizure of 309 bags of heroin, 3.1 grams of marijuana, a 9mm handgun, a .38 handgun, and ammunition. As a result of the investigation, six additional people were taken into custody.
Potts was charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, illegal gang participation, second degree conspiracy, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a controlled substance. He was held at SCI on a $71,100 cash-only bail.
The following individuals were also arrested on a list of drug and firearm charges:
- 19-year-old James Eley of Milford: Held at SCI on a $67,100 cash-only bail
- 19-year-old Semaj Eley of Milford: Held at SCI on a $24,100 cash-only bail
- 23-year-old Antwain Holden of Ellendale: Held at SCI on a $27,500 secured bond
- 33-year-old Jeffrey Cannon of Milford: Held at SCI on a $27,500 secured bond
- 27-year-old George Knight of Milford: Held at SCI on a $26,100 secured bond
- 28-year-old Christopher Harris of Lincoln: Held at SCI on a $27,500 secured bond