Cooking fire causes over $50,000 in damages to Salisbury home

1280 Prince Street Fire

SALISBURY, Md. – An accidental cooking fire caused more than $50,000 in damages to a Salisbury home Sunday afternoon.

Shortly before 3:30 p.m., the Salisbury Fire Department responded to 208 Prince Street for a reported house fire. The fire, which was discovered by a neighbor, was placed under control in 10 minutes.

Total damage was estimated at $55,000. Sadly, two family dogs did not make it out of the fire. A third dog was rescued by firefighters and taken to Pets ER in Salisbury.

Categories: Local News, Maryland