Cigarette debris causes Salisbury house fire

1280 Sby House Fire 419

SALISBURY, Md. – Officials say cigarette debris is to blame for a fire in Salisbury late Monday morning.

Just before noon, firefighters responded to the 500 block of Hearn Lane for a reported house fire. The blaze was reportedly under control in ten minutes. Further investigation revealed that the fire was accidental in nature, caused by cigarette debris igniting common combustibles on a living room couch.

Total damage has been estimated at $45,000.

Categories: Local News, Maryland