Fire causes $250k in damages to Milton home


MILTON, Del. – An accidental fire heavily damaged a Milton home early Tuesday morning.

Fire officials responded to the 22000 block of Neptune Road shortly before 3 a.m. The Milton Fire Department and mutual aid fire companies responded to the blaze.

State fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature. We’re told it occurred when an electrical malfunction of the structure’s fixed branch circuit wiring ignited available combustibles.

The house was occupied at the time of the fire, but all occupants were able to escape without injury. Total damage was estimated at $250,000.

Categories: Delaware, Local News