Delmarva Christian falls just short of last second comeback vs Ursuline
GEORGETOWN, Del.- Despite a seven point run to end the game, the Delmarva Christina Royals fell to Ursuline 53-51 to drop to 8-4 on the season.
It’s been a different year for everyone, including the Delmarva Christian Lady Royals. A team that normally only plays within the ESIAC, the Royals have had to schedule opponents from upstate Delaware. DC has played well against their new opponents going 8-3 coming into tonights matchup with Ursuline.
Midway through the first, the Raiders took a 7 point lead after a little run to start. The Royals picked it up after a timeout and took a one point lead to end the first quarter. Delmarva Christian turned it on in the second quarter, leading by as many as eight and taking a three point lead at half after a Gabrielle Paolella buzzer beater for Ursuline.
In the second half, both teams took leads of at least four as the Raiders took a one point, 36-35 lead headed to the fourth. In the fourth, the Raiders began to pull away. Behind a big quarter from Hannah Kelley, Ursuline took a ten point lead with just under two minutes to play. Despite a last second push from the Royals, the Raiders held on for the 53-51 win over Delmarva Christian.
- Hannah Kelley- 10 Points
- Emma Raftovich- 10 Points
- Emily Rzucidlo- 8 Points
- Charmia Marshall-Brothers- 9 Points
- Ella Gordon- 8 Points
- Sophia Filipowski- 6 Points
- Gabrielle Paolella- 2 Points
Delmarva Christian Stats:
- Gracie Fetterman- 19 Points, 4 Rebs 6 Asts 1 Stl
- Evelyn Jensen- 13 Points, 4 Rebs 1 Stl 1 Block
- Kandice Schlabach- 11 Points, 4 Rebs 4 Asts 3 Stls
- Ainsley Bell- 7 Points, 1 Reb 2 Ast 1 Stl 1 Block
- Sierra Troyer- 1 Point, 3 Rebs 2 Asts 4 Stls
- Tessa Kwiatkowski- 4 Rebs 1 Stl