Accidental fire causes $100,000 worth of damage

Vlcsnap Error444

CRISFIELD, Md. – Officials say a kitchen fire caused about $100,00 worth of damage to a Somerset County home early Saturday morning.

A little after 2:40 a.m. on 3498 Freedomtown Rd. in Crisfield, Maryland, firefighters responded to a house fire. Members from Crisfield Volunteer Fire Department say, the fire originated in the kitchen due to accidental unattended cooking.

Officials tell 47 abc, 20 firefighter and 30 minutes to control the fire. The fire estimated a structure loss of  $80,000 and $20,000 in contents.

There were no reported deaths or injuries, including homeowner and occupant, Henry Fitchett.

Categories: Local News, Maryland