Fire causes $70k in damages to Queen Anne’s Co. home
SUDLERSVILLE, Md. – Fire officials say a house fire late last week was the result of improperly discarded smoking materials.
We’re told the fire was reported at a home in the 100 block of North Church Street in Sudlersville just after 10 a.m. Friday. The two-alarm fire took approximately 35 minutes to control by firefighters from the Sudlersville Volunteer Fire Company.
Maryland State Fire Marshals were called in to investigate and determined that the fire began outside of the residence and was the result of improperly discarded smoking materials. Total fire damage has been estimated at $70,000.