DART prepares for 23rd annual “Stuff The Bus” food drive
DELAWARE – DART is preparing for its 23rd Annual “Stuff The Bus” Thanksgiving Food Drive which will have collection sites across the state Monday through Saturday.
Organizer say they hope to collect 20 tons of non-perishable food which will benefit the state’s food bank. They say the food and items don’t necessarily need to be Thanksgiving related because people in need are also looking for every day items like flour and even paper goods or toiletries.
“You can’t tell who is is need of food assistance. Some of our riders are more than likely some people who are in need of food assistance so it’s great to be able to help out and let the public join in with us and multiply what we can get internally with just our own people,” says Patty Boyd, the marketing specialist for DART First State.
The site locations, collection dates, and times are:
- Monday, November 9
- Safeway, 19283 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth, 9 AM – 4 PM
- Tuesday, November 10
- Walmart, 939 N. DuPont Blvd., Milford, 8 AM – 6 PM
- Safeway, 190 John Hunn Brown Rd., (Corner of S. Bay Rd. at S. Little Creek Rd.) Dover, 8 AM – 6 PM
- Wednesday, November 11
- ShopRite of First State Plaza, 1600 W. Newport Pike, Stanton, 9 AM – 4 PM
- Thursday, November 12
- Rodney Square, Market Street side, Wilmington, 7 AM – 5 PM
- Friday, November 13
- ShopRite of Brandywine Commons, 1300 Rocky Run Parkway, Wilmington, 9 AM – 4 PM
- Saturday, November 14
- ShopRite of Four Seasons, 700 Plaza Dr., Newark, 9 AM – 4 PM