Milton structure fire ruled accidental

Fireline

MILTON, Del.  – The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal says an afternoon fire in Milton was accidental.

We’re told the fire was reported shortly after 12 p.m. in the 100 block of Federal Street. The Milton Fire Department and mutual aid fire companies responded to the scene.

The blaze damaged a row of mercantile and residential mixed occupancies. The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction of an appliance cord located on the second floor rear exterior deck area. Fire damage has been estimated at $100,000. We’re told the structure was occupied at the time of the fire, and all occupants were able to escape without injury.

Categories: Delaware, Local News